This Is How I Benefitted By Sending My Child to Autism School in Manhattan

My world went spinning a full circle when I discovered that my child was suffering from autism. I was so restless in my head that despite the fact that I knew the only way to deal with this was that I had to accept it and go with the possible options. But my heart was not ready to come to terms with this fact of my child’s life.

I was still juggling with the best options to make my child street smart when I discovered some autism schools in Manhattan. In my head these schools were not well equipped to take care of my vulnerable child and I started searching about them thoroughly to see if any of these came an inch closer to the kind of institution I had in mind.


In my state of paranoia I was not able to think positively as a result of which none of the schools seemed good enough. While I was still struggling with this state, husband came to my rescue and tried positively talking me into it. He even got me an appointment with one of the teachers in an autism school in Manhattan to meet me privately.

She went on to calm my nerves by telling me about facilities in autism schools of Manhattan. One of the main problems that I saw my child going through was his ability to socialize.  This is one of the skills that is lacking in most autistic children, so they do not function well in public places. I thought this would a setback for my child throughout his life. But she told me that this could be overcome easily at the school.

They need to have their lessons broken up for individual learning and they also have to be able to remove themselves from a social setting before they become upset by their inability to interact. This can easily be dealt with in an autism school in Manhattan as the students remain at peace with their own kind of people. Most of the students find it comfortable to learn and interact in this environment as opposed to another public school.


This interaction with the teacher helped me clear up my mind and bring myself up to speed with happenings of the school.

Share:

0 comments